Thursday, March 13, 2008

Stuffed from Thai

The food came fast! Now I'm insanely full because being the pig that I am, I had most of the curry, 4 puffs and 4 dumplings! (I'm gross). Here are the pics and some thoughts on the meal...


The Thai Puffs are above. These look like dumplings but are more like little pastries. They're filled with a curry potato and ground chicken mixture. Pretty tasty, a tad greasy. The menu says it's served with a salad but it's more of a dipping sauce with carrots, cucumber and red onions. I couldn't figure out what the base of it is flavored with -- maybe fish sauce? The puffs work well when dipped in the curry.


Here are the Siam Dumplings. See how they look more like Siu Mai? When you bite into them, there's a slight crunch -- I think it might be watercress. These are pretty good but the sauce a bit too sweet. It tastes like a thick soy sauce with sugar and a little ginger.


This was my main meal (well, half of it). It was pretty good, but man am I FULL.

Overall, the meal was good. I wouldn't say fantastic, but pretty solid and really not a bad deal.


3 comments:

Carlos P said...

Dude, curry puffs are a near-forgotten treat. I like the one served at the Indonesian place, Jaya, in Chinatown.

Stephanie said...

This whole new dumpling world is fascinating, in particular the crispy edges on the puffs.

Awesome said...

Hey "IHD",
Great blog! Do you take requests? Next time you post, I'd love to see something that's a bit more adventurous. I mean, everyone loves a dumpling but what about a double bacon cheeseburger with glazed krispy cream donuts in place of the bun? MMMMMMM.

Thinking outside of the box,
NYC