Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Four days of lentil soup

I've been eating the same lentil soup for 4 days! We made this soup on Sunday and accidentally made the whole batch; not realizing that it serves 8-10! I don't know if it's because I've been sick, but strangely I've had it every day since and have not gotten tired of it. It's a great, complex and flavorful soup from Ina Gartner that is full of carrots, onions, leeks, and French green lentils. A splash of red wine gives it added bite. In the above pic I shaved a little Manchego over it, but it really isn't necessary. The above is a vegetarian version but the first two days we replaced the kielbasa that is called for in the recipe with Al Fresco Roasted Garlic Chicken Sausage, but rather than adding them to the pot we just pan-fried them and cut them up over the soup, which made them a lot juicier and more flavorful. Delicious!

No comments: