Saturday, March 22, 2008

My Favorite Neighborhood Juice Joint

I used to struggle with how pricey fresh-squeezed juice was until my husband brought up the fact that a typical well-drink, pint, or glass of wine is way pricier and that juice is so much better for you (well, except for maybe the red wine). I'm glad he brought this up, otherwise we would have never discovered Urban Spring, an adorable organic juice and snack bar in Fort Greene with the freshest and most satisfying smoothies and juices. Here are our favorites:

Beet, carrot, spinach or Beet, carrot, ginger juice. The dark red color is really beautiful and tastes great.

My fave! The acai-almond comes with pure acai, sprouted almonds, coconut oil, banana, agave nectar, and soymilk. It's super-filling. I've even skipped meals because of it (ok, only once).

By the way, they also serve a bunch of different healthy vegetarian and vegan options that all sound yummy.

1 comment:

Steph said...

Wow the acai one sounds ridiculous! Coconut oil and sprouted almonds?? This makes my smoothies seem so lame!