Saturday, April 05, 2008

Really Good Cappuccino

I like coffee that is medium-bodied. Not too bitter and not too strong. I tend to like Guatemalan and Brazilian roasts the best. And I always prefer an espresso-based coffee over a regular drip. The best I think comes from a stove-top espresso maker. Next, a French press. Of course, the kind from one of those $7,000 machines from Italy isn't too shabby either.

I'm not sure where the beans are from or how much the machine at La Colombe costs, but they make a pretty mean cappuccino.

Here's a pic from a recent cup. The flavor was nice and robust without the slightest trace of bitterness. The froth was firm enough to be spoon-worthy. The barista masterfully made a heart with the foam -- it looked a lot better before I put sugar on top. Delish!

No comments: